The Healing Lodge uses donations, funds and grants to make advanced, forward-thinking enhancements to treatment, programming and the overall experience for residents. There are several services that would not be available at The Healing Lodge without resources outside of our normal funding.
For example, donations and grants given to The Healing Lodge may be used to:
- Provide residents with basic necessities
- Fund GED testing
- Purchase OTC medications
- Create educational field trips and off-site activities for residents
- Buy materials like leather and beads for moccasins
- Fund the employment of an Advanced Aftercare Counselor
- Develop and establishing communication portals for aftercare purposes
- Organize trainings for staff to improve treatment techniques
Direct cash contributions are always happily accepted, and there are also many items that we will accept as donations. We ask that you call to make sure we can use donated items, but we are generally always looking for and accepting the following donations:
- Musical instruments
- Gift cards to use for purchasing clothing for residents
- Gently used clothing and winter wear for residents
- Sports equipment
- Board games and puzzles
- X-Box games
- Native American regalia and craft supplies for making them
- Porcupine quills
- Office and school supplies
- Employee recognition awards like restaurant gift certificates, gift baskets, blankets, etc.
Another valuable thing you can donate to The Healing Lodge is your time. We may have volunteer opportunities from time to time, so be sure to look out for those on our events calendar. We are also dedicated to creating and maintaining partnerships with local and statewide community members and businesses. If you or your company offer services that may be of use to The Healing Lodge, we can work together to find ways to help you in return.
Donations to The Healing Lodge of the Seven Nations are tax deductible, as we are a registered 501(c) 3 organization with the United States IRS. Contact Jim Walde at (509) 795-8367 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.